Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Done and Done

Part one:

A) Sociological race is how society sees people based on their skin color. It is a system of group privilege. Biological race is a group or population of humans categorized on the basis of various sets of heritable characteristics such as color of skin, eyes, and hair.

B) I am still confused about the whole point of the IAT test. During the test, I kept getting a headache from staring at the screen trying to sort everything. I didn't get any results because my responses were either neutral or to fast to be accurate. I don't know if my results were accurate because I didn't have any results.

C) I believed that African Americans were mostly better at sports than whites, but I didn't necessarily believe that it was a biological reason. I just saw that more African Americans were winning races and based my opinions off that.

Part Two:

I started out the year thinking that sociology would be a really interesting class. Sadly, I was not satisfied. I think the reason why was that many of the topics didn't make sense to me. I feel it's evident which ones I didn't understand if you look at the test grades. As long as I'm being honest here, I must say that blogging has not been my favorite thing in the world. It has added much unnecessary stress and angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment